What are you going to do today to make a difference in someone's life?

Welcome - This is your call to action...

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Day 75 ❦ The Gift of Giving


Day 75 ❦ The Gift of Giving

THE GIFT: Giving

Today, I finally noticed that when I woke up, the first thing I thought about was, “What am I going to give today?” Now, I can’t remember how long or how many days I have been waking up thinking about giving, but today I became aware of what that felt like - to wake up being excited about something. And I found myself thinking back to the day that I decided I needed something to get me out of bed in the morning...wow, I feel like a different person...I am actually excited to see what the day holds, and more importantly, I am excited about my role in my day.

I am in charge of how I feel about my day, or at least making an intentional decision about how I am going to feel about my day, and now it seems like ages ago that I was waking up with the dread that consumed me. I can’t wait to get to my day today, I can’t wait to see what giving opportunities lay ahead, I can’t wait to see what impact I will have, or better yet, I can’t wait to make something happen and not know the impact...that is the thing that dreams are made of and I am aware that I can’t wait to get started...

Today I gave a $5 donation to leukemia that was requested by a cardboard box at the Kwik Trip counter, but I am not even considering listing that as my giving opportunity today because today I gave myself the gift of giving, the gift of purpose, the gift of dreaming again and I am a grateful receiver of that gift.
 ❦ Give yourself the gift of giving and dream

No comments:

Post a Comment