What are you going to do today to make a difference in someone's life?

Welcome - This is your call to action...

Saturday, March 15, 2014

A Bushel of Apples

Do you ever feel out of sorts? Need some context? I wrote this story during a very dark time in my life and after it was written shared it with a few friends. You can imagine my surprise when several months later I was watching a play, a one woman act and during the middle of the play the actress stopped and came up to me to ask my permission to use the story in the next act of the play, it was very flattering, and it gave me a new perspective on how my stories might touch people. Thank you Diane for giving the first voice to "A Bushel of Apples" during "In Light We Grow"
The Bushel of Apples: A Healing Story

There are times when I feel like a bushel of apples. All of the parts are neatly packed within the basket. Suddenly, the bushel is tipped upside down and parts of me fall, spill and bounce out. At first I feel completely out of control and scattered about. Then I slowly look around and realize that everything that I need is still there, although strewn all over.

As I gather myself together, I notice: parts are bruised and I set them aside to heal; parts contain worms and are thrown away; parts of me are not yet ready to be in the bushel and are set on a window sill for the sun to nurture. The most select, complete and healthy apples are then chosen to fill the bushel and make me whole again.

If the bushel hadn’t tipped, the bruised apples would have festered, the worms would have multiplied eating the immature apples. Eventually the healthy ripe apples would have rotten or been eaten. To be a whole healthy bushel of apples, sometimes I need to upset the apple cart to sort out the bad apples, before they consume me.

This story is from a collection of healing stories in "From The Eye of The Hurricane...

And now available "From The Eye of The Hurricane" eBook a collection of short stories and poems that sets the stage for, and provides the back-story for "100 Days of Giving"

From The Eye of The Hurricane available at Smashwords
From The Eye of the Hurricane eBook at Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment