What are you going to do today to make a difference in someone's life?

Welcome - This is your call to action...

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Prologue...Simple Gifts


Prologue

Simple Gifts

When I started this exercise, the motives were somewhat selfish. I needed a focus, a reason to get up in the morning, a reason to look forward to each day. Waking up to giving seemed like a good idea. I had no idea how hard it was going to be, what challenges the exercise would offer, or what the “rules” would be. I just knew that if I set as a goal to give something each day I would have something else on which to  to spend my energy  - instead of ruminating about the scarcity in my life, or the fear of losing my job. I also had absolutely no idea of what I would get back in return, no expectations of how much would come into my life - all of the unintended consequences - both good and bad.

This is written as a personal journal, for a personal journey. What I did - anyone can do and I believe that the rewards can be as great, if not greater. The things I chose to give are everyday common gifts and did not cost very much  - if anything. The true value was in the timing, the method of giving, and the recipient. The unexpected value to me was that I got my life back from out of the darkness - your rewards may be very different. What I do know is that implementing an intentional act of giving into your daily life will inspire you, provide hope, and disburse caring into a world that so desperately needs love.  

1 comment:

  1. I await with bated breath to hear what you have to share....loving this.

    ReplyDelete