What are you going to do today to make a difference in someone's life?

Welcome - This is your call to action...

Sunday, May 18, 2014

It really is the thought that matters...

These flowers decorated a pavillion in rural Nicaragua
making me feel like royalty
Today, I was reminded how powerful the gift of kindness is and what it feels like to be the recipient of a very simple and effective gift...by a total stranger.


While waiting in line at the grocery store today to buy a few items, the woman in front of me invited me to go in front of her. Despite my protests, she insisted, stating that she really was in no hurry and that she had the time to do this. Although I was also in no hurry, I was taken by the simple act of kindness - her awareness of others was profound and really moved me.

So today's lesson about giving is to challenge ourselves to be profoundly aware and show intentional and simple kindness. Her simple gift changed my entire day, at first I was surprised at how special and cared for I felt - and then I realized how easy it would be for me to have that same impact on others...

My book 100 Days of Giving is about these kinds of gifts exactly, sharing our gifts with others so that they too can be creative and intentional in giving. If you have had an experience that impacted you when someone selflessly gave an act of kindness - I would love to hear about it and I know my readers would love it too - so please post your experiences and I will post them so that others can change the world, one simple gift of kindness at a time.

100 Days of Giving are available as an e-book you can purchase it for $2.99 at Smashwords: 100 Days of Giving e-book at Smashwords or for your Kindle at 100 Days of Giving e-book at Amazon and get all of the daily experiences, journaling exercises and stories.

Kathy Stutzman is a creative connector, writer , consultant, and all around cockeyed optimist. For more about Kathy Stutzman go to: @KathyStutzman, www.KathyStutzman.blogspot.com www.onehundreddaysofgiving.blogspot.com or contact her at kastutzm@smig.net. 

No comments:

Post a Comment