What are you going to do today to make a difference in someone's life?

Welcome - This is your call to action...

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Day 65 ❦ Give intentionally


Day 65 Give intentionally

The Gift: Cash

I don’t know about you, but I love the Fair. We happen to live in the County seat and so the Mower County Fair is a big deal. And, it is a free fair so that is an even bigger deal. Except, free is not really free when you talk about a Fair. Sure, we don’t have to pay to enter the grounds, and there is a lot to see and do that does not require money, but who can resist the Tom Thumb Donuts, the friend pickles on a stick, the cheese curds, cotton candy, freshly made lemonade...you get the idea. I can smell the food wafting in my office just thinking about all of that wonderful Fair food.

What is it about Fair food that makes it so enticing? I don’t know but I know that when I head off to the Fair, I’d better have some major money in my pockets so that all of my Fair food urges get satisfied. Now, it is bad enough that I can’t resist this food, but trying to control a child who is experiencing this same bombardment of senses is fruitless. So today, as we head off to the Fair I decide that I am going to tip the begging balance and eliminate it. I give our children money without being asked and they are now in control of their food destiny. It was one of the smartest gifts I’ve given and it was really fun to watch as they started adding the various selections in their minds, balancing out their resources with their desires.

In the end, both girls decided to save some on their money and play some games instead of sending it all on food. What fun, and what a lesson for me. I shifted the begging balance by intentionally giving. Pretty cool.

Give intentionally and empower someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment