What are you going to do today to make a difference in someone's life?

Welcome - This is your call to action...

Saturday, December 15, 2012

Day 68 ❦ Continue to Support a Courageous Person


Day 68  ❦ Continue to Support a Courageous Person

The Gift: A Sumner Cookbook

The great thing about new exchange students is that they typically present many giving opportunities and today is no exception. It is not that they are so needy, but instead I think it is our desire to ensure that they feel cared about.

Sisselin’s host family is holding an open house for the community, Rotarians and school mates to meet her. Having a Norwegian student has garnered a lot of attention, perhaps because of the strong Scandinavian roots here in the mid-west - and people are really excited to meet her. Not surprisingly, most of the conversations with her are related to weather (COLD) and food (plentiful and traditional) and during one of those conversations Sisselin tells me that she loves to cook and is excited about learning how to cook meals that are typical here.

Well, I don’t have to be told twice! I love to cook and I love to learn about cooking so I strike a deal with her that we will have some time to share cooking strategies, she agrees and I get her started with a cookbook produced by my daughter’s elementary school as a fund-raiser for playground equipment. Bam giving opportunity complete - and perfect for the occasion. I love it!

Continue to Support a Courageous Person

No comments:

Post a Comment