What are you going to do today to make a difference in someone's life?

Welcome - This is your call to action...

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Day 98 ❦ Return Home for Comfort


Day 98 ❦ Return Home for Comfort

The Gift: A Meal

It is fitting that one of the last acts during this 100 days is to serve a delicious meal to some friends who are a little down on their luck and are hungry. I have been pretty sad thinking about 100 Days of Giving coming to an end and have even considered extending the exercise, but will have to see what Day 100 brings...

The fact that people are hungry in the United States needs to be the focus of this post. People are hungry in the United States, and not simply children, adults are going hungry in the United States. You couldn't tell from seeing me that I have experienced that kind of hopeless hunger, but I have and perhaps that is why I am as “comfortably” situated as I am now.  I know I shouldn't be surprised because I have friends who as adults have known that kind of hunger, and so anyone my family knows who is hungry gets fed.

Tonight I am planning on celebrating the approaching end of the 100 Days exercise and all that I have learned., all that I have gained and the impact that both giving and receiving has had upon me. And so we eat, great home-cooked comfort food. And we feed, nurture and support our friends and ultimately ourselves through the giving.

Home is wherever comfort waits.

No comments:

Post a Comment