What are you going to do today to make a difference in someone's life?

Welcome - This is your call to action...

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Day 92 ❦ Just Take Care of Someone Today


Day 92 ❦ Just Take Care of Someone Today

The Gift: Mama Caruso’s Love...and magical care kit.

In my other life, I am Mama Caruso - an Italian Mama who just can’t help herself and take care of everyone. The Italian Mama is influenced in part by the many Jewish Mamas I had in my life all fawning over me - both groups making sure that I was well fed, especially when I was sick. So I just can’t help it when I hear that someone is sick - I just want to drop everything and start making chicken noodle soup.

I have been looking forward to my coffee time today with a friend I haven’t seen in a while. She has been going through a lot of life transitions and has a full life so finding time to carve out for just the two of us to sit and talk is special time. This coffee time has been on my calendar for weeks and I have scheduled my entire week around making sure I am available for this session.

So, when the phone rang and it was my friend canceling because she was sick - I kicked straight into Mama Mode and because I had scheduled the time, I had the time. Before I set the phone down, the chicken noodle soup was in the making, the heating pad and Vicks was packed up and every kind of cold medicine, throat lozenge and flu relief was put into a magical care bag. Gatorade, 7-up and straws completed the package. Now off to the store to pick up some junk magazines to take her mind off of the pain and Mama Caruso is in her element working to relieve pain and discomfort. Giving opportunity checked off too.

Just Take Care of Someone Today

No comments:

Post a Comment