What are you going to do today to make a difference in someone's life?

Welcome - This is your call to action...

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Day 48 ❦ Simple gifts...big appreciation


Day 48 Simple gifts...big appreciation

The Gift: Kitchen scissors

My family probably spends more time in the kitchen than anywhere else in the house. We love to cook, interact while cooking and we especially love to eat and entertain around food. The funny part about that is that I have a kitchen the size of a postage stamp. The first thing that most first-time visitors to my home say is...how do you cook the things that you do in a kitchen this size? Usually the second thing that we are asked is about our one bathroom, but that is a story for another day.

Once you have seen a meal in process in the kitchen you will get it, but until you experience the efficiency that comes from cooking elaborate meals in a 10 x 10 kitchen, it is difficult to imagine. Everything has its place, and much like a finely choreographed ballet, every movement is coordinated. If we have visitors in the kitchen while a meal dance is going on, we have several stools where they can perch out of the way of the dancers and their tools.

It is during one of these dances, while preparing a several course meal with my husband that the request for this gift is issued...barked really. Even though everything has its place, we are missing a few key kitchen tools and I just have not ever thought about adding them...kitchen scissors being one of them.

Part of my kitchen dance almost always includes a scene with the large serrated bread knife slicing open some plastic packaging with a grand finale and bow if I don’t cut myself in the process. I have practiced this dance frequently...newbies to the kitchen dance have not had that same luxury...and today, as my husband and I dance around the kitchen, he slices open his finger while attempting to use the large serrated bread knife to open a plastic container. I won’t repeat what he said, but it sounded a lot like...”honey, I would sure love it if you would buy me kitchen scissors.”

I don’t know why I don’t have kitchen scissors in my house - it is just something I actually never thought of until he asked for this gift and so you can imagine my delight when while shopping today I noticed a display for kitchen scissors. Gifting opportunity done. I wrapped them up and presented this special gift to my husband who has taken the opportunity to use that gift every single day since then.


Simple gifts can bring with them big appreciation



No comments:

Post a Comment