What are you going to do today to make a difference in someone's life?

Welcome - This is your call to action...

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Day 49 ❦ Give to yourself the company of others


Day 49 Give to yourself the company of others

The Gift: A Lunch Date

Sometimes we all get so busy, that it is easy to forget to sit down and enjoy a leisurely meal with a friend or family member. In this case, I am fortunate that my sister-in-law...actually all of my sisters in law, are good fiends of mine. My brother’s wife was my friend before they met and my husband’s sisters have always welcomed me into the family, but his youngest sister, has always been especially close. We are close in age and graduated from high school the same year - so we have that in common. We both care deeply for her brother, my husband - but we are alike in so many other ways too. I always enjoy spending time with her and realized today that we hadn’t sat down for a meal with each other - just the two of - for al long as I could remember. So, I called her up and asked her to go on a lunch date, just her and me...my treat. We laughed, ate and said “schmackidy” at least four times. What a gift.

 ❦ Give to yourself the company of others



No comments:

Post a Comment