What are you going to do today to make a difference in someone's life?

Welcome - This is your call to action...

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Day 54 ❦ A reward can double as a gift


Day 54             A reward can double as a gift

The Gift: A Staples Gift Certificate

As a trainer and facilitator I often order training supplies on behalf of the organization or client for whom I am working. I order almost all of my supplies from Staples because they are so convenient. Living in rural Minnesota, we don’t have a lot of options for almost everything so when I moved here I quickly became a fan of mail order. Now before you ask – I am probably the biggest supporter of buying local – period. But, if the product in the quality that I need is not available when I need it – I have to develop a plan b. Staples is just such a plan b – not only do I get free and quick delivery, but I can place my order on-line at a time that works for me – which is usually well into the late night hours. They also have a member reward program which I like quite a bit. So what does this have to do with giving?

Since much of the ordering I am doing is with other people’s money as part of their project – I think about what to do with the substantial gift certificates I get in their member reward program – it always feels like a bonus when they arrive and I certainly appreciate getting the rewards.

This evening I was at a Board meeting for a pre-school that my daughter attends. Apple Lane is also an organization that I helped to acquire their non-profit status and sit on their Board of Directors and I really appreciate all that they do not only for me and my family, but for the entire community. During the directors report I learned that teacher appreciation day was coming up and there was no money in the budget to support getting each teacher a little gift. I reached into my purse and pulled out the $112 Staples reward coupon that had arrived in the mail earlier in the day and turned it over to the Director to purchase goodies for the teachers. What fun!

      A reward can double as a gift

No comments:

Post a Comment