What are you going to do today to make a difference in someone's life?

Welcome - This is your call to action...

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Day 61❦ Give yourself a gift

Day 61 ❦ Give yourself a gift

The Gift: I gave myself the gift of a break

Today I remain in a funk. It is difficult to get excited about even eating...which says something. I am feeling pretty defeated - to get to 61 days and feel like I did when I started. This funk is where I was firmly planted when I began...or is it? If I were to look back over the past 61 days and count the people impacted (myself included) the value of the gifts exchanged, both tangible and intangible and the joy that I (at the least) received in the giving...isn't that enough? And, as I began reviewing all of the entries of the past two months, I began to smile, just thinking about someone's reaction, the surprise in the a person's eyes, and the way my heart felt when a gift just serendipidously dropped into place...I couldn't help but smile. Isn't that enough? Well it needs to enough for right now - not for tomorrow because now I remember why I am doing this exercise in giving - it is not because I was in a funk - it was to get me out of it. Funks will come and go and the only thing I am in control of is how I choose to deal with it...so for today I am hanging with the funk, but I have taken myself off of the hook and eliminated the pressure of having to give anyone anything...and in that, I gave myself the greatest gift I could have gotten today - patience. Hurray for me!

❦ Today, give yourself a gift...

No comments:

Post a Comment