What are you going to do today to make a difference in someone's life?

Welcome - This is your call to action...

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Day 57 ❦ Give a little more


Day 57  Give a little more

The Gift: An additional donation to Boulder Parks and Recreation

While I am in Boulder for work, I am taking time off to re-visit some of my old haunts and today I am excited because I am driving up Flagstaff Mountain located at the base of the foothills of the Rocky Mountains. A short 5 minute drive from downtown Boulder, Flagstaff Mountain climbs up several thousand feet to a summit elevation of 6,978 feet from Chautauqua Park and offers incredible views and hiking trails. But my fondest memories of Flagstaff is running up the mountain in a 7 mile race, training up the mountain and racing up it again. This particular mountain was made for my type of running, steep in the right places, lots of tangents to cut and then every now and then, the road levels off to allow us to catch our wind and start the climb over again. I love Flagstaff Mountain and even though I never won the Flagstaff race, I did take second place in the women’s division each time I raced it and my times weren’t too shabby.

But today I am just visiting and so I am going to drive my rental car up the mountain. Driving u the switchbacks I can remember each step of the road, the angles and the curves…just as I get to the half-way point, there is a gate and barrier – apparently the area is under a preservation act and is being protected…so a permit is now required and I will have to park far from the summit and walk to the amphitheater and overlooks. The fee to protect one of my favorite places is only $2.00 and I almost feel guilty paying so little for so much…so I put a $10 bill in the envelope and ask the park and rec department to keep the change. That is the least I can do.

❦ Today give a little more

No comments:

Post a Comment