What are you going to do today to make a difference in someone's life?

Welcome - This is your call to action...

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Day 56 ❦ Share the gift of friendship


Day 56  ❦  Share the gift of friendship

The Gift: Dinner out with some friends

I happen to be in Boulder for work and haven’t been here for several years. I lived in Colorado for 12 years before moving to Minnesota and I have been gone for many years. It is so nice catching up with friends and tonight I have invited a friend who I have not seen since I moved close to 15 years ago. Randy is the kind of friend who I feel very comfortable with and when we meet – It is like I never left – we have lots of stories and things to catch up on and the night goes quickly. He brings his wife who I have not met and we have a chance to forge new relationships. It is such a gift for me to have people in my life who are there for forever and who can help me remember sometimes about which I have fond memories. It is especially wonderful to be able to develop new relationships within the old ones and create new memories. The gift of dinner does not even come close to the gift I received in return.

Authors note: There have been many parallels in my current life with the time during which I was experiencing the first cycle of 100 days of giving – today is the craziest parallel however, since on the day that this will post – about an experience I had 8 years ago…I will be having dinner, sharing the gift of friendship and dinner with these same friends in Boulder.

❦  Share the gift of friendship

No comments:

Post a Comment