What are you going to do today to make a difference in someone's life?

Welcome - This is your call to action...

Friday, November 2, 2012

Day 55 ❦ Plan ahead, give now


Day 55   Plan ahead, give now


The Gift: Boxes of tea

Now this wasn’t just any box of tea, they were boxes of tea in a metal containers that look like a double-decker bus from England – it is real English tea, perfect for High Tea!  A couple of months ago on my way back from Africa I stopped in England for a few days to meet my daughter who was living in France as a Rotary Youth Exchange student and after touring London for a few days, we went to her host town of Bethune, France. It was a great stop between Africa and the United States and I hadn’t seen Alison for 9 months so it was even better than just having a nice respite between cultures.

While I was having fun being a tourist in London I stopped by a grocery store to look around for special goodies to bring back home for gifts. I was pretty well stocked up on Africa goodies, but really needed a wider range of gifts. The first thing I spotted when I entered the little shop was an entire display of teas. Perfect – I bought several containers and knew exactly who was going to get them. Mission accomplished – all that was left to do was to actually give the gifts and today was the day. I brought the tea into work and handed the cute containers to all of the people who I work with who I knew liked tea – it was really fun and much appreciated by the tea drinkers.

Plan ahead, give now

No comments:

Post a Comment