What are you going to do today to make a difference in someone's life?

Welcome - This is your call to action...

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Day 58 ❦ Be compassionate


Day 58  ❦  Be compassionate

The Gift: An offering to a social justice organization

When I travel I like to engage in new or different activities and often find myself at really fantastic local events, memorable, local and off the beaten path. I find these activities by asking locals what they would be doing – or what they would recommend a family member would do if they were visiting. This week I am in Boulder and I am interested in attending a church so I start looking through the newspaper for articles on churches that are doing something special.

As I read through the listings, I notice that there is a church that is having a social justice speaker come to talk about human rights in Africa – I am in. The service was moving and the speaker was memorable – filled with compassion and passion – in a way that is contagious. I feel motivated to do so much more in my own life and to find ways to support people who are living their passion – I can barely contain myself waiting for the opportunity to give – and give I do to both have compassion and support those who are compassionate.

❦ Today – be compassionate.

Authors note: Little did I realize that this would be the post that would occur the day after a Presidential election and I am thrilled that the lesson today is about compassion. The election season was filled with a lot of negative energy and regardless of whether or not your candidate won – please be compassionate to others – today more so than any other day, we have some healing to do as a country and it starts with each of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment