What are you going to do today to make a difference in someone's life?

Welcome - This is your call to action...

Monday, September 3, 2012

Day 8 - ❦ One simple gift can warm many hearts


Day 8

The Gift: A videotape of Nina’s farewell to the Austin Rotary Club given to her second  host family.

Several days earlier, I had picked up a videotape I had made from a video camera cassette of our exchange student’s farewell talk at our Rotary Club. Each year our Rotary Club hosts a foreign exchange student who typically has three different host families throughout the year. The multiple family concept allows students to participate in different family traditions and customs. I had the tapes sitting on my kitchen counter when one of the host mothers stopped by my house. This was an easy give to simply hand the tape to her. I was so glad to have had it ready and available for the perfect giving opportunity. Her appreciation for the tape warmed my heart and I know that this gift will continue to warm others’ hearts as they watch the tape over and over.

One simple gift can warm many hearts

No comments:

Post a Comment